auctions |  biography | message boards | faq | links | bibliography | multimedia | exclusives | gifts | home |
Hemingway Travel Stickers

got Papa? shirts, mugs and more!
Custom Euro Oval Stickers
Oval Stickers and Euro Stickers

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Writing Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Ernest Hemingway Message Boards : The Writing Room
Subject Topic: PLEASE READ AND COMMENT Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
george

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 12 December 2005 at 9:42pm | IP Logged Quote george

I find your story annoying.  It's too nostalgic and and has too much unnecessary "emphasis." 

But the last thing I want to do is put you down.  Just think more about le mot juste, what is absolutely necessary.

Please keep writing.  It would be nice to see a hard-boiled, thorough second draft of this.

Yours,

George.

Back to Top View george's Profile Search for other posts by george

bfynittle1

Online Status: Online
Posted: 13 December 2005 at 11:01am | IP Logged Quote bfynittle1

Annoying?  Too late.  You already put me down with that ONE word.  As it turns out, I am not interested in publishing this at all.  Sometime, when I have time, I am going to go through it and do some editing; however, this will be for my own personal satisfaction.  I admit I'm no Hemingway; I was simply putting my thoughts on paper in a constructive and creative manner to try to interpret what was in my head.  It also helped me tremendously to do so in going through the tragedy of losing my Mother. 

Thanks for your insight, however.

bfynlittle1

Back to Top View bfynittle1's Profile Search for other posts by bfynittle1

Michael Hanson

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 January 2006 at 2:53am | IP Logged Quote Michael Hanson

george wrote:

I find your story annoying.  It's too nostalgic and and has too much unnecessary "emphasis." 

But the last thing I want to do is put you down.  Just think more about le mot juste, what is absolutely necessary.

Please keep writing.  It would be nice to see a hard-boiled, thorough second draft of this.

Yours,

George.

George, as for this gem of yours, "Just think more about le mot juste, what is absolutely necessary", perhaps it is you who should think more about what's necessary -- and choose either the french rendition, or the English translation, only one of them being necessary, but in either case, don't superfluously qualify "necessary" with "absolutely".

Edited by Michael Hanson on 27 January 2006 at 6:43am
Back to Top View Michael Hanson's Profile Search for other posts by Michael Hanson

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version