auctions |  biography | message boards | faq | links | bibliography | multimedia | exclusives | gifts | home |
Hemingway Travel Stickers

got Papa? shirts, mugs and more!
Custom Euro Oval Stickers
Oval Stickers and Euro Stickers

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Writing Room (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Ernest Hemingway Message Boards : The Writing Room
Subject Topic: My Essay Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
redluvzvball36

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 25 October 2006 at 10:36pm | IP Logged Quote redluvzvball36

I am required to write an essay on "Why Hemingway?" It is answering the question of why Hemingway and his works are so legendary. It's quite difficult for me. This is the rough copy of what I have so far:

It was Ernest Hemingway's unvarnished writing style that made him an American legend. His structure was unlike any other literary celebrity of the time. Hemingway is known for his iceberg theory and his unique simplistic format.

The Lost Generation was a group of American writers who changed the United States' writing style from Victorian to modern. This included T.S. Eliot, Ezra Pound, Gertrude Stein, and Ernest Hemingway. Each one of these people had their own style, but out of the four Hemingway appeared to have the most peculiar form of writing.

In 1954, Hemingway won the Nobel Peace Prize in Literature. Anders Osterling, who made the presentation speech for the award, said, "A dramatic tempo and sharp curves have also characterized Hemingway's own existence, in many ways so unlike that of the average literary man."

I'm stuck. I don't know what to do. It has to be a 3-5 page paper. If someone could assist me in getting going that would be WONDERFUL. Thank You!

Back to Top View redluvzvball36's Profile Search for other posts by redluvzvball36

Peter Krynicki
Leader
Leader

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 26 October 2006 at 11:12am | IP Logged Quote Peter Krynicki

You must remember this (a kiss is still a kiss)...

Hemingway popularized Gertrude Stein's definition of the post-Great War generation as lost, but neither of them were part of this generation. Not in the sense that they were so affected by the war that they did not work or form relationships or continue to be religious. Not one of the people you mention were lost.

Now what?

Pjk 

Back to Top View Peter Krynicki's Profile Search for other posts by Peter Krynicki

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version