auctions |  biography | message boards | faq | links | bibliography | multimedia | exclusives | gifts | home |
Hemingway Travel Stickers

got Papa? shirts, mugs and more!
Custom Euro Oval Stickers
Oval Stickers and Euro Stickers

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Garden of Eden (Forum Locked Forum Locked)
 Ernest Hemingway Message Boards : The Garden of Eden
Subject Topic: longing for more... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
meanlorijeanne

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 11 February 2006 at 12:01am | IP Logged Quote meanlorijeanne

While dead in the middle of the book I couldn't put it down, because the story was going to explode into a billion pieces at any second with shards of human suffering and want falling feverishly,pitting the characters. But it didn't happen and that was ok, the story held it's own yet when it came to the "End" well I was left empty and wondering and KNOWING that the book wasn't meant to end like that. Too many unresolved lives,  and deaths...I'd appreciate any feedback.

Be Well,

mrsmiawallace

Posted: 01 May 2006 at 12:59am | IP Logged Quote mrsmiawallace

I know what you mean i had the same reaction. When I knew the end of the book was soming i started reading very slowly and waiting to read it because i didn't want it to end. Such an amazing book as soon as I was finished i wanted to discuss it with someone. And the end was heartbreaking for me as well since I knew it wasn't meant to end that way.
Back to Top View mrsmiawallace's Profile Search for other posts by mrsmiawallace

meanlorijeanne

Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:16pm | IP Logged Quote meanlorijeanne

I'm so glad someone got back to me eventually. I realize LOTS of people on this site know  a whole lot more than I do about the Author and His Stories but that was a gut feeling which I think is needed in all generations no matter what decade or dementia, just imput. Thanks mlj

mrsmiawallace

Posted: 02 May 2006 at 10:26am | IP Logged Quote mrsmiawallace

same here, i was just sitting in english one day and i didnt have a book so i grabbed one from the back and i just started reading it and couldn't put it down.  The only things I know about Hemingway are what is on the back of the book, but it really was an eloquent story, I'm glad i read it.
Back to Top View mrsmiawallace's Profile Search for other posts by mrsmiawallace

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This forum has been locked by a forum administrator.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version